Banking Intermediation Performance, Asset Quality and Efficiency on Profitability (Study in Bank Tabungan Negara (Persero), Tbk. Period 2010 – 2016)
Buchory, Herry Achmad
MetadataShow full item record
The aim of this study is to analyze the effect of banking intermediation performance, assets quality and efficiency on profitability. Banking intermediation performance is measured by loan to deposits ratio (LDR), assets quality is measured by non-performing loans (NPL), efficiency is measured by the ratio of operating expense to operating income (OEOI) and profitability is measured by return on assets (ROA). The research methods used are descriptive and verification methods, with secondary data from financial statements of PT. Bank Tabungan Negara (Persero), Tbk. period 2010-2016. The data analysis technique used is multiple linear regression, while hypothesis testing uses T - test to examine the effect of partial variables with a significance level of 5 %. Based on the results, it is concluded that partially LDR has positive and significant effect on ROA; CAR has positive but not significant effect on ROA. NPLs haves negative but not significant effects on ROA; and OEOI has negative and significant effects on ROA; LDR, NPLs and OEOI significantly influence ROA with the level of 81.8%, while the remaining 18.2% is influenced by other variables not examined in this study.